East Side Corridor Economic Development Fund
This $65 million fund is dedicated to the revitalization of Buffalo’s East Side through capital investments along four commercial corridors. East Side Avenues is a fund created by local foundations and corporations that provides capacity building and organizational support to complement the capital investments.
Among the projects and initiatives receiving Buffalo Billion funds are:
- East Side Commercial Districts Program
- Community-Based Real Estate Development Training Program
- Buffalo Neighborhood Stabilization Fund
- Commercial Building Stabilization Fund
Anchors & Assets
- Learn more about the East Side Anchors and Assets - like the Broadway Market, Central Terminal Restoration, Community Solar Array at Northland, Michigan Street African American Heritage Corridor and MLK Park District - here.
Infrastructure & Direct Project Assistance
The East Side has lagged behind the rest of the City during Buffalo’s revitalization. Through the establishment of program goals, an analysis of economic and land use data, a look at past investments, and in-depth stakeholder engagement, ESD has established a portfolio of catalytic projects aimed at improving economic conditions on Buffalo’s East Side. Working with other public and private funders, the Fund seeks to create a holistic and sustainable approach to revitalization and a unifying voice for the community. This Fund compliments the Governor’s previously announced investments on the East Side for overall state investments of more than $237 million since 2011.